07 August, 2009

The end

- We are finished. This is finished.
- Why?
- I don’t really know but I think this is the end. We must accept it. Everything has its time.
- Don’t do it!
- There’s nothing we can do. All we have left is embers.
- Then why not add some kindling? Something to keep the fire alive, at least for a while.
- Why?
- Nobody likes endings.
- That’s true, but I have a smoke filled heart.
- Don’t you feel any pain?
- I feel lukewarm, tepid. Now I feel the flame is flickering but soon it will go out. The glow is only a fraction of time.
- I don’t want our love to flicker and die.
- Everything has a beginning and everything goes to an end.
- Jesus Christ! Let’s drop this crap. Sing that love song, that happy and sad song. Sing it, sing like you used to. Your spark might have gone out but mine is alive and well. Hold me!
- So... you still feel the glow?
- Kiss me.
- I don’t think it is going to be the same. With one spark alive and the other half dead what’s the...
- Kiss me! Kiss me love. Let my blaze engulfs you.
- So... you want to play that game? Questions, answers; answers and questions... and so on; until the end. Ok then, let’s try again to light the fire.
- Yes! Let’s do that.
- Spark?
- Flame.
- Fire?
- Blaze.
- Ember?
- Kindling.
- Glow?
- Passion.
- Warmth?
- Desire.
- ...And spark again!
- It was beautiful! Don’t you think?
- Yes, wonderful! Ok, love. We will need to find new sparks. And... the flame will be alive.
- How many ways do you think we can find?
- Time will tell.

And yet... One day...
- Kiss me! Kiss me love.
- We are finished. This is finished...

- Bye love. It was good to be here

No comments: