11 November, 2007

I ask

I ask why the wise man dies a fool.
I ask why the poet dies without rhythm.
I ask why the married dies in loneliness.
I ask why the man dies buried.
And none have answered me yet,
and although I’m still asking many people,
nobody has given me a convincing answer.

But I’m still asking.
looking for responses to clarify my doubts,
poking in the most profound places of my soul.
getting lost into the labyrinths of my human being.

I ask why the man causes hurt.
I ask why life appears to us complicated.
I ask why we make the love difficult.
I ask why I ask
And none have answered me yet,
and although I’m still asking many people,
nobody has given me a clear answer.

But I’m still asking,
looking for answers man has never found,
and when the secret is revealed to me
I will understand why man is human.

No comments: