29 October, 2007

Dreamer of eternal love

I feel like writing a song today,
making it sound so it can reach you,
because no-one else matters to me.

I haven’t asked for many kisses,
but always they have been denied.
I cannot find your lips,
that flavor of eternity that I’m yearning for.
Forsaking all and drowning in you,
this is what I want.

Sometimes I look at you and I seem to recognize my other half,
but you deny it to me.
And I want to kiss you and prove it.
I don’t know if you are afraid.
Is there another in your life that makes it complete?
Could it be me?
I feel you are frightened of something,
if not you would let me in.

When you go and everything is finished,
when your face disappears,
and in my memory only a “why not?” remains,
a hazy woman,
then I will look for another kiss,
other lips,
a possible other love.

I am a beggar,
a dreamer of eternal love,
a pariah lost in a strange world.
I need you.

No comments: