30 October, 2007

Why don't you call me?

Why don’t you call me?
Why don’t you make my phone ring?
I don’t know if you know that I’m up to my neck in shit,
that it’s rising,
It will rise until it suffocates me.

Life would be easier if you’d phone me today,
everything would make sense if you’d do it.
We could go for a walk and drink some beers,
get drunk,
kiss and make love.
You could sleep at my house,
my parents are not here.
And if someone comes to bother us I will say mind your own business,
that this is our dream,
that you are my girl,
my angel.

Why don’t I phone you?
Why don’t I make your phone ring?
I did other times and the dream was broken,
I have already phoned you and it was for nothing.
Maybe you think I’m not your kind of man,
but you haven’t given me the opportunity to prove myself.
Maybe you have already placed your bet for another,
it hurts me to think about it.
But that one culd not give you what I have for you.
My proud fight with my loneliness.
Today’s songs are not happy.
The melancholic summer’s tedium hits me.
I feel myself smelling like shit.
and the shit is still rising.

Why don’t you call me, my darling?
Why don’t you take me away from this, love of my life?
If you knew how I need your kisses
you’d do it at least for compassion.
I think I am dying every moment.
I am suffocating,
I die
Why don’t you call me?

No comments: